Entry Requirements and Application documents
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of their proficiency in English.
- Accepted English Certificates (one of the following):
- IELTS (Academic or UKVI): 6.5 overall, and a minimum of 5.5 in each component
- Cambridge Assessment English: C1 Advanced Certificate in Advanced English minimum overall score of 180, no less than 162 in each component
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic): CEFR B1 Level
- TESA (Test of English for Studies Abroad): 6.5 overall, and a minimum of 5.5 in each component
- TOEFL IBT: 93 overall with a minimum of 12 in reading, 11 in listening, 17 in speaking and 20 in writing
- Applicants should have a Master’s degree with a research training element, an excellent Honours degree with a research training element, or other significant research credentials.
- Research proposal
- Academic transcript/certificate
- Official statement of results
Period of study:
- Full time 3-4 years
- Part time 6-7 years
Your research proposal should include:
- Working title
- Summary of the aims and objectives of your research
- An outline of the ways you will meet these aims and objectives, referring to research methods and specific resources you will use
- Evidence of your awareness of relevant literature and theoretical approaches
*Requirements may defer depending on the research area you are applying for.